Skip to main content

Chapter 4: What Dean’s pub really is (part 4)

“Master!” it said, bowed his head.
“Open it. We want to go out.” said Dean.
“Yes, master.” it replied. It gabbed on a big metal ring attached on the stone door then started pulled it in. Creak sounds came out the place under their feet trembled again. The heavy stone door was pulled open ajar then completely opened. The bullhead creature released the ring, stood aside. Dean put the torch back to its place on the wall then strode out. Heracles and Gwen slowed behind to take another look on the bullhead creature then quickly walked out. The stone door slowly closed after all of them left. They hurriedly passed the kitchen and then got into the pub. Dean turned back his workplace behind the long table 
“Do you want anything to drink? It’s free.” he suggested. 
“Thank for your kindness but it’s late. We must go home now.” said Amelinda quickly.
“It takes us much time to get the things. We have to go, will turn back in someday.” said Heracles.
“See you late.” said Gwen smiled. 
They all turned their way and strode off.
“See you.” said Dean after their backs.
After left Dean’s pub they quickly passed the alley leading them to there to get in the town’s square. It had been afternoon as they reached to there. Gwen’s coachman appeared right after that. They made their way to go in then the carriage rode, heading back to Heracles’s home. 
“What do you think if I want to give my shield a name?” said Gwen excitedly. 
“In reality it is not completely a shield.” said Amelinda.
“Yes, I know it Amelinda. But, I like to consider it as like a shield.” said Gwen softly. He was very happy.
“Whatever, I need a name. Can you help me?” he added.
“Why do you need to name it? Just call it shield, ring, sword or whatever you want. Make it simple Gwen.” lamented Amelinda.
“Oh you don’t understand it Amelinda. I like it and I want to give it a name.” said Gwen quickly, turned to Heracles, “How about you? Do you have any idea?” 
“Is it okay if we call it The Changing-Shield.” suggested Heracles.
“It’s too simple Heracles. I want something special. Give a moment. What do you think if I name it the Lord of Shield?” he said Gwen, watching on Heracles and Amelinda.
“Are you serious Gwen?” said Heracles, “I don’t see any connection between the name and your shield.”
“I also think that. The name was so weird. You should find another name.” added Amelinda. 
“You both are right. I’m too impatient to name it.” said Gwen, grabbed on his shield and observed it carefully. “Oh, I got it.” he yelled, “I will call it The Silver-Wing Shield. Look!” he excited, “There you see a pair of silver wings?” he show the front of his shield to Heracles and Amelinda. “I give it the name because of them.” he added.
“I like the name.” said Heracles.
“Of course, you must.” said Gwen, grinning. He focused his mind staring on the shield. It transformed into the ring staying neatly on his thumb.
The carriage turned slower then stopped they had come to Heracles and Amelinda’s home. The carriage door opened, Heracles, Gwen and Amelinda went out then walked to Heracles’ room at one. As soon as they got in, Heracles closed the door then latched. He found the way to go on his bed where the others were. The magical stones were taken out from their space ring, put on bed. Heracles and his friends sat around them to check one more time. “We got enough magical stones to create a shifting-circle. When will we do?” said Amelinda.
 “Is it okay to start tomorrow? We have nothing to have to wait and I really want to create the shifting-circle soon.” said Gwen.
“I think it’s okay.” said Heracles, “I can’t not wait more wanting to see how the shifting-circle works immediately.”
“Alright, if you both are too impatient, we will start in tomorrow morning. We will gather in the lawn behind this house which is out others’ attentions” said Amelinda.
“It’s nice place.” said Heracles, “I think nowhere suitable to create a shifting-circle than it.” said Heracles. He turned to Gwen, “There had a lawn behind my house, very quiet and peace. You will like if you see it.”
“Oh really? Is it really quite and peace as you say? I feel a bit interested wanting to see the place.” said Gwen.
“Yes, it is. You didn’t need to be impatient we will go to there tomorrow morning.” said Heracles. “Honestly, I like it very much it was the place I and Amelinda used to come to there when we were child.” added Heracles.
“I have to leave.” spoke Amelinda suddenly, “I will meet you in the dinner.” She made her way hurriedly leave Heracles’s room.
“Where do you go?” asked Gwen quickly.
“I have something to do. I will meet you at dinner” Amelinda replied, not stopped, passing the door and then disappeared.
“Where does she go, Heracles?” Gwen turned to Heracles and asked.
“I don’t know.” said Heracles, still kept looking at the door where Amelinda just crossed. “Anyway,” Heracles tured back, “We will meet her in dinner. We will ask her if we have chance.”
Heracles made his way back to the table, Gwen followed him. They kept there conversing.  
They met again Amelinda at dinner but they didn’t have chance to ask her. They had meals as normal then scattered, found the way to bedrooms. Heracles and Gwen walked straight to his room. They quickly go to the bed after that. Almost of candles in the room were blown off except the candle on the table. Not far away it on the bed, Heracles was lying but didn’t sleep while next to him Gwen had fallen in sleep. Heracles looked absentmindedly on the ceiling and thinking about Treasure Island. He continued thinking about the griffins, trying to think about the griffin he had imagined before but he quickly sank deeply in his thought then he fell in sleep after that.



Heracles and the Nemean Lion book cover

Heracles and the Nemean Lion

The first epic in the Heracles and the Twelve Labors series — witness Heracles' legendary battle against the invincible lion. A tale of strength, fate, and immortal valor.

Heracles and the Dragon Hydra book cover

Heracles and the Dragon Hydra

The second chapter of the Heracles and the Twelve Labors series. Heracles faces the monstrous Hydra — a dragon-like beast with many heads, each reborn from the last. A mythic journey of courage, strategy, and divine challenge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lily — The Lost Heart

A Character Portrait from Heracles and the Echoes of the Hydra Lily is one of the most quietly powerful characters in Heracles and the Echoes of the Hydra . Though she appears primarily in the later stages of the story, her presence reshapes the meaning of the entire conflict. She is not a traditional warrior, nor a conventional magical prodigy. Instead, Lily embodies the emotional truth at the core of the narrative—the part of the world that violence alone cannot reach. Her story is inseparable from the Hydra, not as its mirror, but as its missing balance. Identity and Family Lily is the adopted daughter of Calliope , the White Witch of the Grove. Calliope rescues and raises her in seclusion, offering protection, love, and a sense of belonging in a world that would not understand her. Their relationship is defined not by blood, but by choice. Calliope is Lily’s mother because she chooses to be—again and again—placing Lily’s safety above her own life. Unbeknownst to Lily for most of ...

Hydra

In Heracles and the Dragon Hydra , the Hydra stands as the central monster and the greatest trial in the journey of Heracles and his companions, Gwen and Amelinda. This incarnation is a reimagining of the Hydra from Greek mythology, portrayed here as a multi-headed dragon— the Dragon Hydra —endowed with immortality, regenerative power, and a profound connection to human emotion. The Hydra is not merely a physical adversary. It symbolizes corruption, fear, and cursed immortality. Over the course of the narrative, the story gradually unveils its origin, powers, and fate, culminating in the climactic confrontation within the Golden Hall and the far-reaching consequences that follow. Below is a comprehensive and structured presentation of all information related to the Hydra, drawn from the entirety of the text. The material is organized for clarity into: physical description, origin and history, powers and abilities, the heads and their personalities, narrative role, and its ending and le...

Chapter 2: Aurelia Isle part 3

Before Heracles could retort, a knock came at the door. “Heracles—Gwen, are you in there?” Amelinda’s voice called. “Yes, we’re here,” Heracles replied, rising to open the door. “Hi, Amelinda,” Gwen greeted smoothly, flashing a bright smile. “Hi, Gwen. I heard you just arrived,” she said as she stepped inside, eyeing the table with curiosity. “Fresh off the carriage,” Gwen said lightly. “And already dragging Heracles into trouble.” Heracles muttered, “He’s not wrong.” Amelinda folded her arms. “Then why lock the door?” “Obviously,” Gwen said with mock gravity, “because we were sharing the deepest secrets of manhood.” “You’re not men. You’re just boys,” she teased, lips curving. “True,” Gwen said, pointing at Heracles. “He’s a boy. I’m a boy genius.” Heracles groaned again. “Ignore him.” Amelinda arched a brow, looking between them. “You’re not hiding something from me, are you?” “Nope,” Gwen said instantly, too fast. Then he softened it with a grin. “Unless you count how many sweets I ...