Skip to main content

Chapter 11: The invisible powder (part 3)

“Heracles, are you done?” the voice of Gwen.

“Yes, I’m done.” said Heracles. 

A door opened widely. A cloud of smoke spread out from a toilet room and quickly scattered. When it disappeared, the restroom stall was empty. Then noises of footsteps came out from the stall heading to another stall and then stood still there. 

“Gwen, are you done.” the voice of Heracles. “Almost.” said Gwen. Then the door opened widely, smoked spread out. There also didn’t have any person inside the stall as the smoke scattered away. 

“Heracles, where are you?” the voice of Gwen sounded again.

“I’m here in front of your stall.” the voice of Heracles. 

“Alright, I feel you.” the voice of Gwen, “Take my hand. I don’t want to separate with you.”

Then the noises of footsteps went away heading to the exit of the restroom. The owners of the footsteps were Heracles and Gwen. They had come to the restroom after lunch, secretly went in the stalls and sprinkled the invisible powder on their body and now were waiting for Amelinda in front of female restroom. There had a problem that as they both had turned invisible they couldn’t see each other. Therefore, they had to take the others’ hands. “Where did she tell to meet us?” the voice of Gwen.

“She told us to wait at front in the female restroom.” the voice of Heracles.

“But how we can see her. All us were invisible” whispered Gwen, “I think we have to call her.” 

“Amelinda! Amilinda!” the voices turned louder but still in whispered voices.

“I’m here.” the voice of Amelinda spread out.

“Where?”

“In front of you.”

“Give me your hand.” 

“Yeah, I feel it.”

Heracles, Gwen and Amelinda took hand of each other then made their way to get out of the place. They hurriedly went to the third floor of their dorm and then walked into the bridge. “Hey Heracles, Professor Linus.” squealed Amelinda. “Keep going.” said Heracles. They kept watching ahead and then went cross Professor Linus. Heracles pulled the others to speed up right after cross him.

“Who’s that? Keep stand there.” Professor Linus shouted. He turned his way, walked toward them. They at the moment didn’t dare to move, keeping silent. Professor approached. He used his dark eyes to scan everywhere around the place. His face got closer, closer and nearly touched on Gwen’s face. Gwen had never seen Professor Linus’s face so close. It’s very odd experiment but he had to keep silent. Professor Linus kept staying there for a while looking directly to Gwen’s face though he didn’t know he was there. Later, as he’s for sure that there had no one, he made their way to turn back and then strode off.

As soon as he left the place, Gwen exhaled deeply. “OMG! I thought we could be caught.” he lamented.

“Keep calm, Gwen. I don’t want him to hear us and return” warned Amelinda.

“Yeah - I know.” whispered Gwen. 

They kept walking and arrived to Roger’s house after short time. Roger’s house that moment was closed. Heracles managed to knock on the door and then Roger appeared in a tired state. There had big shadows under his eyes. It meant he’s not slept in many days. Roger peeked out to look but he didn’t see anyone. “Who’s that?” he shouted. 

“It’s me, Heracles. I go with Amelinda and Gwen. We are invisible. Open your door. We will go and talk later.” said Heracles.

Roger stood aside, opened to door widely. Heracles, Gwen and Amelinda quickly got in. They managed to sit on the chairs and then sprinkled visible powder on their bodies. It made them turn visible after that. 

“God, how does it happen?” said Roger curiously.

“It’s invisible powder.” squealed Amelinda.

“I don’t think that you are taught to make it in school.” said Roger.

“Yes, we don’t.” said Amelinda, “I have found some recipes inside books and try to make it. Fortunately, I succeeded.”

“You must be cleverest girl I have ever met.” said Roger.

“Yes, she is.” added Heracles.

“So why do you go to here? It’s not the time to come here.” said Roger.

“Very dangerous outside now.” he added.

“It’s because of me Roger. My dream seems to be coming true.” said Heracles, “Do you remember it. I did tell that I saw him Professor Linus in my dream and he shouted to someone about a dead girl and two missing people. Now it did happen. We found a dead girl and two red-armband members are missing. Is it random?”

“If it’s the things you have told, I think it’s not random.” said Roger thoughtfully.

“Yes, I also think that. Therefore, I come to tell you more details about my dream. If may help you to have more clues to find out what is happening.”

“That’s right.” said Gwen, “We have discussed much about it but we can not find out anything. However, you may find it.”

Then Heracles started telling Roger his dream. Gwen and Amelinda also helped him to remember it more clearly. At last, he finished. Roger still kept silent thinking. The dream of Heracles seemed to bother him than he expected.

“Anyway, have you met the hooded girl? Do you know who she is?” asked Heracles breaking the silence.

“Honestly, I have never had the chance to meet her.” said Roger joylessly, “But it’s not the thing which bothers me much now. The forest turns chaotic again. Something did appear in the middle of the forest and chase all creatures living there out of the place. I have met some of them. They are all powerful creatures that even I didn’t dare to bother them but they seem to be frightened and kept stay out of the middle area. I have asked but they did say a little.”

“Though I really want to go and see what is going on in the middle area, I don’t want to risk going in there alone.” he added, “But, I will go back there and try to ask them more. Hope I can get something useful and find clues about missing people. I think those things are related to each other.”

“Why don’t they want to tell you? You said they are your friends, right?” said Amelinda.

“Yes, we are but they are very proud creatures which don’t want to admit that they scare or they are forced not to tell about it.” said Roger, “Whatever, I will try my best to persuade them to say.”  

“I advise you not to go in to the forest this time. Ignore the hooded girl and don’t follow her more though you see her again. What you need to do now is to keep in your place. It’s the safest place now.” added Roger.

“We know. That’s why we are forced to stay in there.” said Heracles. “But, it is the good way.” He lowered his voice. His mind again was bothered.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 3: The owl of wisdom (part 2)

“A proud boy.” said the owl of wisdom, “Let me see you.” It flew slowly around Hank, “Your god Ares seem to favor you. A vulture symbol under was your ear and a spear symbol was on your arm. You are wise boy who know to come after fight and get the spoils. However, you are also great in combat if you need to do it. You are a good boy will sever your god well in future.” said the owl of wisdom. “Please go to the table closest to your left. It’s the place for Aresians.” Hank made his way to his family where many people had stayed there. “Bravo!”, “Great boy!” said others there. They shook Hank’s hand, greeted with high five. The place turned crowded in minutes and made Heracles not happy much.  Next after Hank was Morela who was also sat on the same boat with Heracles. Morela came from Delphi the city was protected by god Apollo, the sun god. Of course, she was blessed by her god, a symbol of the sun appeared brilliantly at the middle of her head in golden light. The owl of wisdom told

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 7)

“Do you believe me?” said Heracles seriously glaring on his friend. Look into Heracles’s eyes, Gwen had never seen he is so serious. Still kept silent, he bowed his head. “Will you follow my words?” asked Heracles again. “Yes, I will. But, can you behave as usual, Agassi? You make me a little scared.” said Gwen. “Listen to me Gwen.” said Heracles, hurriedly left the bed coming to the clothes hanger, “You’re Gwen and I’m Heracles. They are our names. They don’t change though others call us by anything.” he stressed, his hand grabbed on his clothes and managed to put in it, “It’s very difficult for you to accept it now” he lowered his voice, “but we have been enchanted. That’s why you and even I can not remember ourselves. Now I can not help you to remember all the things right at one. I only can tell you little by little. However, it took us much time while we don’t have. Amelinda is in danger. We have to go to help her.” he turned back the bed giving Gwen his clothes. “Who is Ameninda?

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 2)

The last basket of orange was taken away. The men also vanished with the oranges. There were only children with Heracles, Gwen, Lily and Amelinda. They kept staying around the cart playing and talking. Lily and Gwen enjoyed participating with the children while Heracles and Amelinda seemed to be more silent.  “Agassi, come here and join with us.” called Gwen. “What do you want Peres?” Heracles said loudly. “Come here.” Gwen called again. Heracles left the cart, stepped toward Gwen. There some children were gathering around him. “What do you need Gwen?” Heracles asked. “We are playing a game. Don’t you want to join with us?” said Gwen. “What’s this?” asked Heracles. “Brother Agassi, don’t you see it?” said Gwen. He pointed to straight bamboos. Heracles looked. There had three high straight bamboos standing side by side. The bamboos were about two hundreds of yards away from their places. The middle bamboo was the highest. It’s about one hundred and fifty feet high Heracles guessed. The