Skip to main content

Chapter 9: Who am I? part 1

It’s morning. The sun had risen, brought sunlight through the window lying on Heracles’s face. He awoke then sat up, looked on himself and found out that he was wearing in a duffle white T-shirt and a shorts, wide and very simple. There had a bit pain on his ring finger. He raised the hand and looked on his hand. He was not injured but there a trace of the ring on his finger and he still felt it existed. It meant that the ring’s just taken out of him in very short time. He tried to remember what happened to the ring. However, his head is empty; there had no ring in his memory. But, it’s also not all his current problems. He realized he didn’t remember anything about him. It made him scare. 

Heracles looked around to see something familiar and quickly saw a familiar face. That belonged to a boy lying next to him. The boy also wore in set of clothes as like him, a T-shirt and shorts. Though he had a familiar face, very very familiar but at the moment he couldn’t remember who the boy was. Heracles spent few minutes to get the boy’s name but he couldn’t so he gave up, observed the room. All things there also gave him familiar feeling Heracles knew there he lived. The silence was interrupted by footsteps which approached then stopped at the door of the room. Knocking outside, a voice of a girl spread up.

“Agassi – Peres, do you wake up? 

“Who is the girl called? Who are Agassi and Peres?” Heracles muttered.

The door opened. Two young girls went in. One of them looked as normal people but the other was different. She had lower body of a snake. They looked very familiar Heracles could sure that he knew them but it’s so weird he could not speak out their names. 

“Oh Agassi, you woke up and Peres is still sleeping.” said the half-snake body girl.

“You call me Agassi, don’t you?” spoke Heracles.

“Yes, I called you – Agassi.  What’s wrong with you? Don’t you remember your name?” squealed the half-snake body girl.

“I’m sorry.” said Heracles confusedly. His face was dull turning to the girls, “But, I seemed not to remember my names and even your names. Who are you?” 

“Your name is Agassi and he who is lying on the bed is Peres, your brother. And here -” Lily hinted to Amelinda,  “your young sister Amanda. I am Lily your oldest sister. We are family.”

“My name – Agassi.” Heracles spoke up. “Agassi” he repeated, “Peres, Amanda, Lily. So where is our parent?” Heracles turned to Lily.

“Our mother was in kitchen waiting for us to have the breakfast. Our father -” Lily stopped a little, her eyes got a bit sadness, “he is no longer alive.”

Heracles kept silent thinking. He seemed not to have any impression of what Lily said. He bowed his head looking to the familiar face of the boy who was sleeping. “Peres…” Heracles talked the name again but something gave him feeling that was not his name.

“Yes, he is Peres. Call him wake up. It’s late for breakfast.” said Lily.

“Oh right.” said Heracles reluctantly, reaches on Gwen’s shoulder and shook. “Umm – Per..” Heracles couldn’t speak the name out. He felt something wrong. Suddenly, Gwen turned his body. He opened his eyes. 

“Oh – Aaaa-.” Gwen took a yawn, “-gassi! You woke up. Why don’t you call me?” said Gwen.

“You also call me Agassi.” said Heracles in low serious tone.

“Yes, I call you. It’s your name. Are you okay, Agassi? You look so strange.” squealed Gwen. He sat up, stared at Heracles worriedly.

“I have a little worried about you, Agassi. You become strange today.” added Lily.

“All is okay. I’m still fine.” said Heracles calming them.

 “So, let’s go. Our mother is waiting. I and Amanda will go first. Hurry up.” said Lily. “We go, Amanda.” she added then she and Amelinda made their way leave the room. The door gentle closed. Gwen stretched, took a long yawn. “We also go.” said Gwen. He moved to edge of the bed, reached his feet to a pair of leather sandals then stood up. Heracles put on the other pair of sandals then walked after Gwen. They came to the restroom, kept staying in few minutes washing their face then walked straight to the kitchen. 

The shape of Heracles and Gwen emerged in the kitchen. Except aunt Calliope sat facing to them, the others sat turning their back to Heracles and Gwen. Aunt Calliope gave them a warm looking; like mother looked at her sons. 

“Come on my sons. Come here and sit next to me.” she said. Though her voice is not too loud, they all could hear it clearly; it’s full of warmth and comfort. 

As the others, though the woman looked familiar but Heracles couldn’t remember her name. It made him distract a moment. Stilled kept walking toward the table, Heracles looked around observing till he and Gwen reached on the table. They sat down. Each of them sat in in one side of aunt Calliope. Heracles still distracted. 

“I heard that you forgot yourself Agassi.” said Aunt Calliope in worried voice. She frowned, turned to Heracles. 

“I seem to forget many thing.” said Heracles; his voice turned heavy. “Many thing…” Heracles repeated, “I tried to remember but I could not.”

“Do you feel pain anywhere?” asked Aunt Calliope.

“No, I don’t. My body is completely fine. I just got up and realized that I couldn’t remember many things, your name, his names, her names and even my name and… something more. I don’t know there had something really important to me but I also don’t remember it. I don’t know. I really don’t know what happened to me.” Heracles repeated. He found it hard to explain. He even didn’t know what he wanted to talk.

“Oh my boy, my pitiful son – I think you got sick. I don’t know what has happened to you, son but we are here your family.” said aunt Calliope, still in her gentle and warm voice. “You have me and them, your sisters and your brother. We will stay by you and help you remember everything. What’s the most important thing with you, son? Is it family? Nothing is more important than family. Don’t force yourself too much. All things will be okay soon.” Aunt Calliope stopped, looked into Heracles’s eyes. He didn’t dodge her looking because it’s really warm that made him relieved, stopped thinking. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 3: The owl of wisdom (part 2)

“A proud boy.” said the owl of wisdom, “Let me see you.” It flew slowly around Hank, “Your god Ares seem to favor you. A vulture symbol under was your ear and a spear symbol was on your arm. You are wise boy who know to come after fight and get the spoils. However, you are also great in combat if you need to do it. You are a good boy will sever your god well in future.” said the owl of wisdom. “Please go to the table closest to your left. It’s the place for Aresians.” Hank made his way to his family where many people had stayed there. “Bravo!”, “Great boy!” said others there. They shook Hank’s hand, greeted with high five. The place turned crowded in minutes and made Heracles not happy much.  Next after Hank was Morela who was also sat on the same boat with Heracles. Morela came from Delphi the city was protected by god Apollo, the sun god. Of course, she was blessed by her god, a symbol of the sun appeared brilliantly at the middle of her head in golden light. The owl of wisdom told

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 7)

“Do you believe me?” said Heracles seriously glaring on his friend. Look into Heracles’s eyes, Gwen had never seen he is so serious. Still kept silent, he bowed his head. “Will you follow my words?” asked Heracles again. “Yes, I will. But, can you behave as usual, Agassi? You make me a little scared.” said Gwen. “Listen to me Gwen.” said Heracles, hurriedly left the bed coming to the clothes hanger, “You’re Gwen and I’m Heracles. They are our names. They don’t change though others call us by anything.” he stressed, his hand grabbed on his clothes and managed to put in it, “It’s very difficult for you to accept it now” he lowered his voice, “but we have been enchanted. That’s why you and even I can not remember ourselves. Now I can not help you to remember all the things right at one. I only can tell you little by little. However, it took us much time while we don’t have. Amelinda is in danger. We have to go to help her.” he turned back the bed giving Gwen his clothes. “Who is Ameninda?

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 2)

The last basket of orange was taken away. The men also vanished with the oranges. There were only children with Heracles, Gwen, Lily and Amelinda. They kept staying around the cart playing and talking. Lily and Gwen enjoyed participating with the children while Heracles and Amelinda seemed to be more silent.  “Agassi, come here and join with us.” called Gwen. “What do you want Peres?” Heracles said loudly. “Come here.” Gwen called again. Heracles left the cart, stepped toward Gwen. There some children were gathering around him. “What do you need Gwen?” Heracles asked. “We are playing a game. Don’t you want to join with us?” said Gwen. “What’s this?” asked Heracles. “Brother Agassi, don’t you see it?” said Gwen. He pointed to straight bamboos. Heracles looked. There had three high straight bamboos standing side by side. The bamboos were about two hundreds of yards away from their places. The middle bamboo was the highest. It’s about one hundred and fifty feet high Heracles guessed. The