Skip to main content

Chapter 11: The gate (part 5)

“I know, my venerable lord. It’s because of your kindness.” said Aunt Calliope in calm tone but honestly his heart was pounding. Heracles’s and even Gwen’s and Amelinda’s were also like her. The dragon had passed the gold pile and was appeared to the sacrificial altar.

“Clang!” Gwen had taken a golden coin and tossed on the opposite side. The golden coin dropped down, it rolled, staggered and then stopped far away from them next to a pillar. “Oh, so you are there.” said the dragon. It turned and moved toward the pillar, swung its long thorny tail. “I know you are still here.”

Heracles took the chance. He hurriedly untied her. “Stop Heracles, we can’t all leave here. If you free me, you will lose the chance. The dragon will go berserk and we all will die. You three go and let me here.” said Aunt Calliope.

“We can not. We came here to save you. We will never leave, if we can not save you.” said Heracles resolutely. Aunt Calliope’s face’s cramped. She didn’t know how to make him give up and turned in silence for moments.

“Stop, Heracles. You have to get out of here now.” adjured Aunt Calliope. Heracles didn’t hear. He still struggled to untie her.

“Listen to me boy.” A voice appeared in Heracles’s ear. Heracles stopped, looked around.

“Who is that?” asked Heracles.

“I am the sword.” the voice replied him. Heracles turned, took a look on the sword which he put on the ground. Kept looking on it, he seemed to not believe in his ear.

“Yes, it’s me. I am a holy sword sent here by the gods to save people here from the Hydra dragon. Uhmmmm – honestly, the gods threw me down here from Olympus when they heard the pleas of the people here.” explained the sword, “However, that doesn’t matter. Listen me carefully. It’s the only chance for you and including the others. Do you see the jewel in the tail of the dragon? All people think that the heads are the weak point of the dragon but they are wrong. Its weak point is concentrated in the tail and precisely at the jewel. Almost its power gathered there, even its immortality. If you can cut it down, you get the chance to survive.”

“How can I know if you are telling the truth or not?” whispered Heracles

“You also dont need to trust me but you and the others will have no chance to leave here.” said the sword; 

Heracles kept silent thinking.

“Remember you have only one chance or we all will die” added the sword.

“Okay, I will trust you once.” said Heracles. He picked up the sword, gripped it tightly. He left, found the way to back to Gwen and Amelinda. They were still staying behind the pillar. He came and touched on one of them. “Heracles?” the voice of Amelinda spread out. “Yes, I am.” whispered Heracles. “I need your help.” he added seriously, “I plan to attack the Hydra dragon. In the time, I need one of you to attract its attention and the other will free Aunt Calliope. When we have the chance, we all will leave together.”

“It’s too dangerous. Don’t do it Heracles” lamented Amelinda.

“No, it’s our only chance. We only leave here as we can injured it.” said Heracles, “This is a divine sword and I think I cuold do it with this divine sword.”

Though Gwen and Amelinda had never heard the voice of the sword. They didn’t have the slightest doubt about his words.

“I will attract its attention.” Gwen spoke up. 

“Okay, so Amelinda you will help Aunt Calliope to escape from the cross.” whispered Heracles.

“I will.” replied Amelinda. She stood up and then found the way to the sacrificial altar, left Heracles and Gwen there. “Listen to me carefully Gwen. I will approach it from the right and you try to attract it attention from the left. It’s the only way.” said Heracles.

“I can do it.” said Gwen. Heracles padded on his shoulder then they both parted. Heracles went around the jewel pile, carefully approach the dragon from back. Gwen picked up some golden coins and prepared to attract it. “A mouse with a good trick, you hide so well.” said the dragon, three heads. Its heads went through the pillars, sniffed. “However, I like it. I like smell of fear and I like hide and seek games.”

Gwen tossed few golden coins to a pillar near its tail. The golden coins clanked. It turned at one, swung its tail backwards. “I heard you.” it said joyfully. Its three heads gathered, looked on the coins scattering on ground. They bent down then sniffed on coins. “Where are you?” it said, smirking. Heracles caught the chance. He leapt toward approaching the dragon. Its horny tail was still swinging. It’s only a foot he stayed away from the tail but he couldn’t get any closer. He stood still, focused on the tail which was moving in front of his face. His heart beat fast. Though he was invisible, it didn’t mean he didn’t scare. He gripped the hilt to keep calm. The tail moved slowly and slowly and stopped. “I’m a little surprised about you. How can you hide from me.” it said, raised its three head up and lowered its tail down. Heracles knew it’s his only chance. He jumped up at one, promptly pull out his sword. Light flashed. Heracles slashed on the tail. A part dropped down on ground. The jewel was also there. Roar came from three heads. The place trembled. The dragon went crazy. “Bastard.” it roared angrily, swung the rest of the tail vigorously. It hit on Heracles’s stomach and kicked him away. Heracles flew fast and with a loud bang he hit on a golden pillar then slid down. A clang sounded up then it turned in silence after that. Heracles lost consciousness. Though they didn’t see what exactly had happened, both Gwen and Amelinda felt that Heracles was in danger. “Heracles!” they both screamed. “Tell me that you are still okay.” squealed Amelinda. No one replied her. Amelinda stood there dumbfounded. “I think there were only rats, petty thieves who sneak in and steal my treasure but I’m wrong. Is this your plan Calliope? You bring these bastards here and you want to kill me.” said the dragon angrily moving toward Aunt Calliope who had freed and was standing in front of the cross. Amelinda was with her but it couldn’t see her. 

“It’s not any plan at all. Anyway, you are not wrong. I really want to kill you.” said Aunt Calliope firmly, looked straight to it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 3: The owl of wisdom (part 2)

“A proud boy.” said the owl of wisdom, “Let me see you.” It flew slowly around Hank, “Your god Ares seem to favor you. A vulture symbol under was your ear and a spear symbol was on your arm. You are wise boy who know to come after fight and get the spoils. However, you are also great in combat if you need to do it. You are a good boy will sever your god well in future.” said the owl of wisdom. “Please go to the table closest to your left. It’s the place for Aresians.” Hank made his way to his family where many people had stayed there. “Bravo!”, “Great boy!” said others there. They shook Hank’s hand, greeted with high five. The place turned crowded in minutes and made Heracles not happy much.  Next after Hank was Morela who was also sat on the same boat with Heracles. Morela came from Delphi the city was protected by god Apollo, the sun god. Of course, she was blessed by her god, a symbol of the sun appeared brilliantly at the middle of her head in golden light. The owl of wisdom told

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 7)

“Do you believe me?” said Heracles seriously glaring on his friend. Look into Heracles’s eyes, Gwen had never seen he is so serious. Still kept silent, he bowed his head. “Will you follow my words?” asked Heracles again. “Yes, I will. But, can you behave as usual, Agassi? You make me a little scared.” said Gwen. “Listen to me Gwen.” said Heracles, hurriedly left the bed coming to the clothes hanger, “You’re Gwen and I’m Heracles. They are our names. They don’t change though others call us by anything.” he stressed, his hand grabbed on his clothes and managed to put in it, “It’s very difficult for you to accept it now” he lowered his voice, “but we have been enchanted. That’s why you and even I can not remember ourselves. Now I can not help you to remember all the things right at one. I only can tell you little by little. However, it took us much time while we don’t have. Amelinda is in danger. We have to go to help her.” he turned back the bed giving Gwen his clothes. “Who is Ameninda?

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 2)

The last basket of orange was taken away. The men also vanished with the oranges. There were only children with Heracles, Gwen, Lily and Amelinda. They kept staying around the cart playing and talking. Lily and Gwen enjoyed participating with the children while Heracles and Amelinda seemed to be more silent.  “Agassi, come here and join with us.” called Gwen. “What do you want Peres?” Heracles said loudly. “Come here.” Gwen called again. Heracles left the cart, stepped toward Gwen. There some children were gathering around him. “What do you need Gwen?” Heracles asked. “We are playing a game. Don’t you want to join with us?” said Gwen. “What’s this?” asked Heracles. “Brother Agassi, don’t you see it?” said Gwen. He pointed to straight bamboos. Heracles looked. There had three high straight bamboos standing side by side. The bamboos were about two hundreds of yards away from their places. The middle bamboo was the highest. It’s about one hundred and fifty feet high Heracles guessed. The