Skip to main content

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 9)

“Ignore it. It will bring itself to us soon” Heracles said in low voice, smiled. Gwen's mouth edges also twisted they kept walking ahead. “Hey boy!” the thing cried. “Whosp! Whosp!...” the noises constantly came out. At last, it popped out from a tree. Then a light appeared and lit up place in front of Heracles and Gwen. Floating in midair above their heads, it was something covered by light and having shape of a child. It looked like a spirit than any creature to them angrily. “Why do you ignore me? I called you both dozens of time. Why didn’t you answer me?” it shouted, looked straight to them. 

“You’re right. It really emits silver light.” said Gwen. He smiled.  

“I told you I saw it.” said Heracles with a sweet smile on face.

“Hey boy! Don’t ignore me.” the childish voice shouted again. Heracles and Gwen turned ahead looked toward the spirit in front of faces. “Don’t bother us. We are busy.” Heracles said loudly. Then he prevented as though he didn’t care much the spirit. He and Gwen walked pass. “Hey! Hey boys, stop! I don’t bother you. I may help you.” said the spirit, soaring after them. “Where do you want to go? No one knows this forest better than me.” it added, kept floating by Heracles.

“We are finding our friend.” Gwen spoke up.

The spirit flew through Heracles’s body then appeared beside Gwen. “Where is your friend?” it said.

“She was brought to Lord few days ago. Do you know where the Lord of this place?” asked Gwen. 

“Lord? There is no lord in this place.” It said innocently. “But maybe I know where your friend is. I saw some people walking through the forest a few days ago.” added it.

“How do they look?” asked Gwen.

“Some familiar figures, four people in cloaks, a woman and a girl.” it said.

“That’s right. They are. Do you know where they went?” squealed Gwen.

“Of course, i know.” it said.

“Sorry,” Heracles interrupted, “Do you have name? What can I call you?”

“I have no name but I like to be called Kon.” said the spirit quickly.

“Kon, I have a question for you. Are you a spirit?” squealed Gwen.

“No, I am not. I am the will of this forest. I was born by this forest but I exist independently.” said Kon. He raised his voice proudly.

“Oh, it sounds great. You are special.” praised Heracles, “But, can you bring us to the place. We are in hurry.”

“Of course, I can.” said Kon happily. “Follow me.” he added, rushed forward leading the way. The light coming out from him made the way bright much. Kon was really familiar with everything there he didn’t need to see the way his face turned to them to converse. “Hey boys, I still don’t know your names. What are your names?” asked Kon.

“I am Heracles and he is Gwen.” said Heracles. 

“Oh, Heracles and Gwen, they are beautiful name. What is you friend’s name?” asked Kon curiously.

“She is Amelinda.” said Heracles.

“Amelinda.” repeated Kon. “I heard someone call her name but it doesn't seem to be Amelinda. Her name seems to be Amanda.” spoke Kon. 

“Yes, it is her. She is Amelinda.” said Heracles, “Where did they go?” he added. 

“That is the place I will bring you to.” said Kon, he giggled mischievously “Ahhh” he yelled. “I forget it. In the place living a terrible monster. It is sleeping but it will wake up. Wait me here. I will bring you something.” he added. He flashed away. His shadow formed a long trail of light. He disappeared in night leaving Heracles and Gwen there. Seconds later, he stopped in deep forest at a ruin, sprawling with stone pillars and dusts. Kon kept staying in midair observing then suddenly he soared down a wooden chest staying among the rubble. He took a giant breathed then blew away dusts covering on the lid. The chest was opened after that, he bent down and started rummaging everything inside. “No, not this thing.” he spoke, threw a helmet away. It rolled on ground tinkling in seconds then stopped. “No, it is not.” he added, tossed other parts of armor were thrown out. “Oh yeah, it’s the thing.” he yelled, grabbed on a metal shield. He pulled the shield out, made his way to take the helmet and the parts of armor then quickly brought them fly away. On the way, he zoomed back to Heracles and Gwen, Kon crossed a sword. An old sword stuck in a big rock. He stopped and flew around the sword. Then, he dropped things on his hands down. Approached the sword, Kon grabbed on hilt and tried to pull it out from the rock. However, he couldnt. The sword stuck too tightly into the rock. “Grrrrr” he leaned forward, trying to pick it up. The sword didn’t move. Kon gave up. He picked up the things on ground then flew away. 

Light was in distance then jingle Kon appeared flying as lightning to Heracles and Gwen then stopped still in front of them. Gwen almost dropped his jaw as he saw his appearance at moment, wearing a helmet and armor and a metal shield. Kon took his hand to wipe on forehead as though there were sweat drops, breathed hardly. He took off  all the things and dropped them on ground. Jingle sound came out. 

“I bring there to you.” said Kon.

“To us but why?” asked Gwen. “Because in place you go a terrible creature is sleeping. It’s a dragon.” said Kon.

“It’s because in place you go a terrible creature is sleeping. It’s a dragon.” said Kon.

“Really,” squealed Gwen, “A dragon.” he repeated

“Yes, it’s a sleeping dragon but it can wake up at any time. Therefore, I bring those things to you to help you protect yoursleves.” said Kon.

Gwen turned dumb.  "There’s a dragon here.” he talked to myself. Then he unconsciously picked up the helmet up, put it on his head then took the shield. 

“There’s something useful for you but I can’t bring it to you. I will guide you to get it. Follow me.” said Kon. The he flew ahead. Heracles and Gwen kept following. It took a whie for them to get there. They couldn’t go fast in night. It looked like the ruins of some structure. Heracles could scattered rocks everywhere. Everything was not intact to realize what it used to be. However, there was one still standing on the ground, a large stone pedestal. A sword with sheath stuck on it. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chapter 3: The owl of wisdom (part 2)

“A proud boy.” said the owl of wisdom, “Let me see you.” It flew slowly around Hank, “Your god Ares seem to favor you. A vulture symbol under was your ear and a spear symbol was on your arm. You are wise boy who know to come after fight and get the spoils. However, you are also great in combat if you need to do it. You are a good boy will sever your god well in future.” said the owl of wisdom. “Please go to the table closest to your left. It’s the place for Aresians.” Hank made his way to his family where many people had stayed there. “Bravo!”, “Great boy!” said others there. They shook Hank’s hand, greeted with high five. The place turned crowded in minutes and made Heracles not happy much.  Next after Hank was Morela who was also sat on the same boat with Heracles. Morela came from Delphi the city was protected by god Apollo, the sun god. Of course, she was blessed by her god, a symbol of the sun appeared brilliantly at the middle of her head in golden light. The owl of wisdom told

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 7)

“Do you believe me?” said Heracles seriously glaring on his friend. Look into Heracles’s eyes, Gwen had never seen he is so serious. Still kept silent, he bowed his head. “Will you follow my words?” asked Heracles again. “Yes, I will. But, can you behave as usual, Agassi? You make me a little scared.” said Gwen. “Listen to me Gwen.” said Heracles, hurriedly left the bed coming to the clothes hanger, “You’re Gwen and I’m Heracles. They are our names. They don’t change though others call us by anything.” he stressed, his hand grabbed on his clothes and managed to put in it, “It’s very difficult for you to accept it now” he lowered his voice, “but we have been enchanted. That’s why you and even I can not remember ourselves. Now I can not help you to remember all the things right at one. I only can tell you little by little. However, it took us much time while we don’t have. Amelinda is in danger. We have to go to help her.” he turned back the bed giving Gwen his clothes. “Who is Ameninda?

Chapter 10: I am Heracles (part 2)

The last basket of orange was taken away. The men also vanished with the oranges. There were only children with Heracles, Gwen, Lily and Amelinda. They kept staying around the cart playing and talking. Lily and Gwen enjoyed participating with the children while Heracles and Amelinda seemed to be more silent.  “Agassi, come here and join with us.” called Gwen. “What do you want Peres?” Heracles said loudly. “Come here.” Gwen called again. Heracles left the cart, stepped toward Gwen. There some children were gathering around him. “What do you need Gwen?” Heracles asked. “We are playing a game. Don’t you want to join with us?” said Gwen. “What’s this?” asked Heracles. “Brother Agassi, don’t you see it?” said Gwen. He pointed to straight bamboos. Heracles looked. There had three high straight bamboos standing side by side. The bamboos were about two hundreds of yards away from their places. The middle bamboo was the highest. It’s about one hundred and fifty feet high Heracles guessed. The